Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Don't Forget the Vendors

"Change" Campaign Includes the Grapevine

After I posted the entry about the Change campaign, I got some questions from the vendors of the Homeless Grapevine newspaper about the donation meters. They are afraid that people will put money in the meters, and not buy the street newspaper. So, let me revise my support to urge people to not forget about the Homeless Grapevine vendors. I still do not think that the meters are a problem, but I hope people will remember your friendly neighborhood vendors. The Homeless Grapevine was the original alternative to panhandling in our city, and still publishes after 16 years. Feel free to give your change to the meters, but save $1.25 for the Homeless Grapevine.

Brian
Posts by Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless staff and Board.

No comments: