Another good week for the administration as we head into the last few weeks of the first semester. I am giving a B this week for a bunch of positive steps. This is for the week of May 3 to May 9. I was out for the first few days of the week so I did not get to report. Anyway, here are the items that will help with the struggle to reduce homelessness and poverty in America:
- There was an announcement about expanding rural health clinics in America.
- There was a line by line analysis of the proposed budget with the reduction in funding for some programs that were not working.
- The full budget was released with more details about the administration's priorities.
- The full HUD budget was released, and it contained an increase in the voucher program, Public Housing renovations, and an increase in CDBG funds.
- HUD also released $1 billion in stimulus dollars for Public Housing capital improvements.
- The weekly radio address focused on credit card reform, which would help lower income people stay out of debt.
- Finally, there was a push to keep jobs in the United States by seeking tax changes that would provide an incentive for businesses to keep jobs in the United States.
Posts reflect the opinion of those who sign the entry.