Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meeting with RTA Officials

Larry from Organize Ohio helped to set up a meeting with Joe Calabrese of the Regional Transit Authority to talk about the difficulty homeless people have with transportation.  Calabrese was great and straight forward with the facts.  The reality is that when you live in the fifth poorest city in the United States almost everyone needs a discount on bus fare.  He laid out the facts about the fragility of the system.  Only 22% of the funds come from the fare box.  The other 78% is subsidized from the government.  After the 2007 financial crisis and the skyrocketing cost of diesel, the agency was in trouble.

For more information go here....
Posts reflect the opinion of those who sign the entry.

No comments: